Our Adult Coalition meets at 6pm the first Monday of every month (unless it is a holiday) at the Ripley City Building.
Anyone in invited to attend and get involved!
There are 12 member sectors of the community that make up our coalition. These sectors include:
- Youth (under the age of 18)
- Business Community
- Youth Serving Organizations
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Religious or Fraternal Organizations
- Civic/Volunteer Groups
- Healthcare Professionals
- State, Local, or Tribal Governmental Agencies with expertise in the substance abuse field
- Other organizations involved in reducing substance abuse
Both our Youth and Adult coalitions complete work guided by Environmental Strategies. These strategies work on changing the community in its entirety versus focusing on individual behavior. The Seven Environmental Strategies are:
For additional information on CADCA's Seven Environmental Strategies for Community Change, please click HERE.
- Provide Information - Educational presentations, workshops or seminars, and data or media presentations
- Enhancing Skills - Workshops, seminar or activitise designed to increase the sklils of participants, members and staff
- Provide Support - Create opportunities to support people to participate in activities that reduce risk or enhance protection
- Enhance Access/Reduce Barriers - Improving systems and processes to increase the ease, ability and opportunity to utilize systems and services. This could also be Reduce Access/Enhance Barriers
- Change Consequences (incentives/disincentives) - Increasing or decreasing the probability of a specific behavior that reduces risk or enhances protection by altering the consequences for performing that behavior
- Change Physical Design - Changing the physical design or structure of the environment to reduce risk or endhance protection
- Modify/Change Policies - Formal change in written procedures, by-laws, proclamations, rules or laws with written documentation and/or voting procedures.